The Five Big Ideas of Growth Mindset
1. The view you adopt for yourself profoundly affects the way you lead your life.
2. “Believing that your qualities are carved in stone—the fixed mindset—creates an urgency to prove yourself over and over”.
3. “People in a growth mindset don’t just seek challenge, they thrive on it”.
4. “The growth mindset does allow people to love what they’re doing—and to continue to love it in the face of difficulties”.
5. “Those with the growth mindset found success in doing their best, in learning and improving. And this is exactly what we find in the champions”.
The idea of Growth or Fixed Mindset is aligned to the two extremes of Sufferer and Thriver Mindsets. Fixed Mindset, not open to learning or change and not likely to have highly effective relationships. A Growth Mindset is someone who beleives that they can change their outcomes, they can learn and they can grow.